Saturday, July 15, 2017

Life Hurts, Let's Choose Love

Yesterday was a kick in the gut.   Clint and I were driving home from a date and I saw on Facebook that a sweet sweet preschool mama friend had passed away.  All I could think was, "No!  She is getting better.  She has three beautiful young children that need their mama.  This can't be."  She was diagnosed with a rare blood disorder called Adult HLH just last month.  It all started with a stomach bug and she was doing  chemotherapy to get better.  This was not the outcome I was praying for.  Ava and Lindsey's daughter, Brielle, were in Pre-K together at Lake Travis United Methodist Preschool.  Lindsey was the kind of person that makes your day a little better.  She was always smiling and friendly and a ray of sunshine.  She was pregnant with twin boys that year and I admired how she had such a great attitude about the pregnancy and sleep deprivation once the boys arrived.  Her daughter,  Brielle, was full of personality with beautiful blonde ringlets.  Their class was ten girls and one boy, so it was a very special group.  We had the sweetest two teachers that you could dream of.  The class name was Pinkalicious, but i called it the unicorn class, because it will never get more perfect than that year.

As I talk to God this morning and ask him so many questions about why this beautiful life is gone too soon, I think a few simple things.  We never know when our lives will end, so we've got to love each other.  Love the mama in the grocery store yelling at her kids.  Love the man on the exit ramp that cuts in.  Love the teacher that isn't everyones favorite.  Love the lady that checks out your groceries.  Love the waitress/waiter that brings your food.....give them an extra few dollars even if they aren't an all star server.  We never know when we are encountering someone that needs a little extra love that day.

Love our babies.  I know that when my last day comes, all I will wish for is one more hour of holding my sweet girls.  I'm going to hold them a little longer the next time they crawl in my lap.  I'm going to read that extra story when I want to turn out the light and tell them it's too late.  I'm going to take that extra summer trip, because I don't know what next summer will hold.

Love our spouse.  I love holding Clint's hand, but I don't do it nearly enough.  We do try to tell each other that we love each other every time we are apart.  I want to make sure that when we have breathed our last breath, that man knows that he was the love of my life and the greatest blessing that God ever gave me.

Love our family.  Call your mom, dad, brothers and sisters.  Forgive for whatever hurts you are holding on to.  Families are complicated and things have to be overlooked, but if you knew that it was your last day on earth, you might want to say, "I love you."

Love God and know Jesus.  The only way I get through huge losses is knowing that we will be together again in heaven someday.  That is because, God sent his only son to save us.  If you don't know Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I have added resources below.  Feel free to message me, as I would love to pray with you and get you some resources.

Romans 10:9-10 “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.”


"God's love is not based on our goodness or how we perform, but on who's we are and we are God's children when we accept His son, Jesus Christ, who gave His life for all of us.  Receiving the love of Jesus and living in his love everyday is the first and most essential step in having a love worth giving.  Jesus gave His life for you."........http://www.jesussaves.cc/index.php/english/affirmation/

Austin area churches that we are connected with:
https://www.austinridge.org/beecave/
http://lhc.org

Lindsey fought the good fight.   She is dancing with Jesus.   She will be missed.

Here are some photos from that sweet year.







This photo was at Lindsey and Dylan's house.   They rented ponies for Brielle's 5th birthday party.  


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive