Thursday, February 11, 2016

Valentine's Day Card Confessions

Every Valentine's Day, when the cute "Pinteresty" Valentines come home from school, I think NEXT YEAR.  Next year is the year that I am going to plan ahead, order photos of the girls and make super cute valentines.  This is our sixth year of Valentine's Day parties and every single year, we have ended up at Target a few night before the party picking out Valentines.       

This year, I made a commitment to not judge myself when the Valentine's Day cards come home from school.  I refused to compare what I sent with what my girls brought home.  I was able to actually enjoy and celebrate the super cute Valentine's that the creative moms had made.  I gave them props, because I was happy that she has the gift of creativity.  It took me six years to admit it, but I am not a cute Valentine mom.  It just ain't happening for me.  

I decided to think of a few things that I am really good at.  I came up with three things.
1.  I love hosting holiday parties for kids in my home:

2.  I can bargain shop for my girls like no other. 
3.  I am a prayer warrior.  If I tell you that I'm going to pray for you, I will pray my heart out for you.

I was truly able to embrace my gifts this year.  I am so thankful for the moms that make great Valentine's because they make the party special for my girls.  I am also thankful for the moms that grab something at Target, because my girls love the candy and tattoos.  It is hard to be a mom and not one of us measures up in every single department.  This Valentine's Day, I want to encourage you to think of your top three gifts.  Focus on those gifts rather than what you are not.  

Happy Valentine's Day.  I hope you feel loved to pieces, sweet friend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive