Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hope for 2016

I am giving away five copies of Beth Moore's Portraits of Devotion to my readers.  Leave a comment and I will put your name in the drawing!

These two are the sunshine of my day!
 This guy is pretty great too.  I love my little family!
Olivia is my 4 year old little sweetie.  She is so gentle, kind and funny.........but she is also a little spitfire if things don't go her way.
 This is my 6 year old Ava.  She is a gentle soul with a kind heart.  She is sensitive, caring and social like her mama!  My girlfriends that volunteer at her elementary school say that when she sees them at school, she is so friendly and waves like they are long lost friends.
 My #1 Goal of 2016 is that I would place my hope and trust in the Lord alone.

As I reflect back on 2015, there were some beautiful moments.  Seeing my toddler and preschooler grow into sweet little girls was amazing.  Moments in Greece with my husband were breathtaking and forever memories.  Playing baby dolls and Barbies on the floor with Ava and Olivia......was mind numbing at times, but something I was glad I did after the fact.  Weekend day trips to see beautiful places around Austin were great memories.  Occasional dates with Clint were enjoyable and relaxing.  Time spent with our families was priceless.  Daily art projects with the girls were messy, but so memorable.  Seeing the wonder of the world through the eyes of my girls was sweet.  Girls Nights Out, Bunco, Christmas Affair, Girl Trips and lunches with the kind girlfriends God has put in my life were much needed breaks.  Spending time with the Lord......on the mornings that I could get out of bed......was vital and brought me hope.  The highlight of my year was by far our girls.  At the fun ages of four and six, I just love everything about them.  They are full of questions, compliments and opinions.  They get excited about little things like a date with mommy or daddy, renting a movie, lunch at Chuckee Cheese, a treat at Target, a $3 Shopkin, a $1 allowance, us playing with them, cuddling with us on weekend mornings.  In 2015, the made my world go round.  Overall, my 2015 was pretty great.



On the flip side, we had some hard times.  Something I had hoped for for years, didn't happen.  It fell apart right before my eyes.  My heart still hurts when I think about it.  I had intermittent struggles with depression.  Our marriage was more work than usual last winter.........we worked through the glitches, learned from it and are now stronger than ever.  Our girls would argue until I wanted to cry.  I struggled to "get my pre-baby body".......the struggle is real, but I made baby steps and 2016 is my year!  Opportunities in our life didn't work out.  Sending Ava to kindergarten was a painful milestone for me.......I don't really understand why, but I was very sad.  Being a stay at home mom with her and Olivia has been my favorite job in the world.  I am sad to say good-bye to that season with Ava.  I know that life goes on and our children grow up and they are a gift on loan from God, but it was just hard for me.  This year, my lows were little things and I am thankful for that.

But, I know some people that 2015 was brutal on.  One of my best friend, lost her brother very suddenly and tragically.  Another dear friend continued to grieve the loss of her father from the year before.  Several friends of friends with small children are battling cancer.  Marriages of friends have ended.  Children have been sick.  My heart has ached for these people.  I have cried for these friends and cried out to God on their behalf.  Life can be so painful.  On this side of Heaven it hurts.  We will have years of joy and peace, but also years of pain.

As I embark on 2016, I have hope and excitement.  I also have fear that it could be a brutal year for our family.  Any of those tragedies that my friends have gone through, could be our own.  It is easy for me to begin to fear the year ahead, but each moment, I am having to make a conscious effort to put my hope in the Lord.  That is really all I can do.  Every one of the people listed above has said they grew closer to the Lord through this trial.  I will trust that whatever trial is brought my way, God will bring me through.  I pray my 2016 is a good one and yours as well, but if it is not,

We will place our hope in the Lord.......
Psalm 39:7 "But now, Lord, what do I look for?  My hope is in you"

His love will get us through.........
Psalm 136:1  "Praise the LORD.  Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever."

Someday, He will wipe away our tears.....
Revelation 21:4  "He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be morning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away."

Heaven is our true home that God has prepared for us..........
1 Cor 2:9  "But, as it is written, "What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagine, what God has prepared for those who love him."

God gives us Jesus, so the we can have eternal life with him.......
John 3:36  "Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life."


7 comments:

  1. so glad to have met you! this is such a great post! hope you check my blog out as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comment. I love hearing from my readers! I will check out your blog now!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for opening your heart in this post. Life is hard, but having eternal Hope is beautiful! Happy 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I love your comment. So true!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful family! Thank you for sharing those verses! www.smialeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I love hearing from readers. I will look at your blog now!

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I loved reading yours - fellow girl mom! What a great way to put the year in perspective! :)
    http://kickinitwiththekosts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive