Monday, November 9, 2015

You're Going to Be Okay

I am reading the best book this month.  I try to read one Christian book per month and one fun fiction book per month.  If you are looking for a book to read during this nice cool weather, pick this one up.  It has ninety-seven FIVE STAR reviews on Amazon, so I'm not the only one that thinks it is amazing.

This is what I'm learning so far.  Who you are is the same, no matter what you are going through.  Holley writes:  "Stressed. Depressed. Anxious. Tired, Broken........labels stick to our hearts, covering our identities until we can't see who we are anymore.  We come to believe that our circumstances define us."

This is a lie from the enemy, sweet friends.  You and I are beautiful children of the Lord.......we are loved beyond what we can even fathom.  Our struggles are just where we are right now.  They are not our identity.  They are temporary.  We will look back on this season in a few months or years and see that we made it through it.  "Your circumstances may change, but who you are truly remains for ever the same."

I have battled depression most of my adult life.  I had a severe eating disorder in college.  In those seasons, it felt like I was a depressed person........an addict, but on this side of it, I realize I was just a hurting and lost me.  I was a beautiful child of God's fighting my way back to life.  He was right there with me.  I felt hopeless and defeated, but he didn't love me any less as an addict than he does today as a recovered Christian, wife, mother of two beautiful girls.  

At times we wonder, "Who Am I?"  Holley worded it so beautifully.  "Your circumstances will lie to you.  Your emotions will lie to you.  Even other people will lie to you.  But not God.  We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure." 6:19.  Your identity is secure.  Nothing can change that.  You are loved.  The enemy whispers, 'If God really loved you, this wouldn't be happening."  We live in a fallen world.  We are broken people.  We think we need to have it all together to be loved or to be perfect to be loved.  

We must trade the lies for truth.  We can't try harder for God to love us.  We can't earn God's love.  It is a lavish gift that he pours down upon us.  God says, "If you are mine, you are loved."  God's love never changes.  I love the worship song, One Thing Remains lyrics say, "Your love never fails, never gives up, never runs out on me."

This is one of my favorite bible versus and I hope you will own it with me today.
Romans 8:37-39   "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angles nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

In case you missed that............NOTHING can separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  No matter what you are going through in life today, you are loved, you are treasured by your creator and He will get you through this.  

I'm giving away two free copies today, so like on facebook or leave a comment to enter.  



2 comments:

  1. Hi Gina, I linked to your blog via Kelly's Korner. I have struggled with depression on & off for years so the book you are sharing really sounds like I should check it out. I often feel so defeated & I try so very hard to understand why?? I am so very blessed, I have a beautiful, loving family, I pray for wisdom & courage daily to glorify God & just give my worries to Him. Thanks for the chance to win one of these books. (p.s. I love your blog & will definitely be stopping by!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Violet, I gave away three copies via Facebook, but would love to send you a copy. I am so sorry you suffer from depression. I understand having healthy kids, a wonderful husband, a nice home.....and the depression still hits. I will keep you in my prayers. Text me your address for book. Reginachristopher@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive