Wednesday, August 12, 2015

What I wish I would have known in my 20s

Today, I'm sharing what I wish I would have known in my 20s:

1. Just enjoy the season you are in.......I spent my single years dreaming of being married, longing to meet the "one".  He finally came along when I was 27.  He was worth the wait.  If I could go back, I would just soak in those single years.......travel with my friends......go out to long dinners with friends and not even pay attention to guys.
This leads to my #2

2. God's timing is so much better than our own.........God doesn't work on our timeline.  I thought I would get married at 22, have a baby at 25 and live in a house with a white picket fence.  I got married at 28, had my babies at 31 and 33.  I wouldn't change my life for the world.

3.  Sweet girlfriends are such a blessing.  Cherish them.  Beth Moore once said, "If you have one best girlfriend, you are a blessed woman."  I have a handful of girls that I consider my besties......each from different season of life......I love doing life with them!

4.  Always make time for family.......you never know how long you have with them.  I have never regretted spending time with family.  My youngest brother, Alan, live in Germany.  We only get to see him once per year.  I cherish that time with him.  My dad had serious health problems in the last two years and I realized that we don't have our parents on earth for forever.  My family is not perfect, but I love them.









0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive