Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Ava's Hour......

Ava starts kindergarten this fall.......insert me sobbing.  I am so excited for her, but she has been my sidekick for the last six years.  She did go to preschool, but other than that, she is always with me.

I decided to make our last summer before school starts meaningful, so while Olivia is napping, we have "Ava's Hour."  She gets to pick anything she wants to do with me for one hour.  She usually picks painting or play do or a board game or even watching a movie.  It isn't about the activity.  It is about her having my undivided attention for one hour.

I'm not sure who enjoys it more, her or me.  It is honestly one of my favorite times of the day.  We miss it some days, but if we are home, Ava never forgets.  I would way rather spend an hour with her than one more hour chatting on the phone or folding laundry.

I am going to implement "Olivia's Hour" once Ava starts kindergarten in the Fall.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive