Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Best Friends

I love it when God gives me confirmations that he has brought someone into my life.  I have always prayed for divine friendships and He has faithfully brought me great friends.

I met my two best friends ten years apart and two cities apart.  Once I realized they were forever friends, I realized that they share the same birthday.  March 15th.


Words can not express how much I love this girl. We have laughed together, cried together, shopped together and raised our four children together. We are friends for life. Thank you for sharing the last 5 years with me and I look forwarding to celebrating birthdays until we are old and gray!!

Kerrie and I met at a playdate when our youngest children were nine months old.  We were instant friends.  It turned out that we had lived in the same apartment complex years before in Houston.  Even more unbelievable is we drove one hour north of that apartment to The Woodlands for work.  If we had known, we could have carpooled.  We got married within three months of each other.  We had our first child within one week of each other.  We were destined to be best friends.  We have seen each other through the death of her father, depression, being broken, difficulties parenting, struggles to survive one more day.  I couldn't have made it through the last five years with out her.  


Happy Birthday to the girl that taught me how to be a best friend. You were my maid of honor, my dating counselor, my fun friend. Now you are my prayer partner, my advice giver, my Lake Austin Spa partner. The last 15 years have been fun and I have a feeling, we will be celebrating your birthday when we are 80. I love you and am honored to have you as a best friend. 


In May of 2001, my dear friend Breezi called me up. She was given my name by a friend that had met me at an IBM new hire orientation. She was new to Houston and didn't have a girlfriend. I was new to Houston and only had friends from my ex. I needed a new friend. She was a gift from God. We talked for one hour the first time we talked. We have laughed together, cried together, seen each other through break downs, break ups, losses, marriages, births, seen each other through the loss of her mom to cancer, been each other maids of honors in our weddings, loved each other warts and all. I can tell her anything and know she will receive it with love and understanding.  She is a gift from God and truly the best friend a girl could ask for.

They are a critical part of my journey. You are both like sisters to me, Breezi Province and Kerrie Eubanks. I prayed for a sister my entire life and God gave me two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive