Sunday, February 15, 2015

50 Shades of Gray

Disclaimer - No judgement from me if you have seen or want to see this movie.  This was just advice that was given to me by a godly friend and it was a blessing to me.

I don't know about you, but I love a good romance novel.  I can read a Nicholas Sparks book in one day.  So when everyone started talking about FIFTY SHADES OF GRAY, I was ready to rush to Target and buy a copy.  One of my sweet friends had read it and said if I hadn't started it, that she would not recommend it.  She said that it would put images in my mind that could not be erased.  I took her advice and never read the book.

When I saw that the movie was out, I was very tempted to check it out, but God tugged on my heart..........do I really want those images in my mind?  I decided not.

Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

2 Corinthians 10:3
For though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to flesh.  For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh but have divine power to destroy strongholds. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive